Vision and Mission
The college mission is to educate new engineers for the new century, who are technically excellent, globally informed, and socially responsible.
By deepening students’ understanding of engineering fundamentals, scientific knowledge, and analytic concepts and methods as well as providing them with engineering skills.
- To sharpen students’ grasp of foundational scientific theories by linking them to engineering applications.
- To provide students cutting-edge engineering knowledge and skills that reflect current and future engineering practices.
- To instill in students the love of learning through active engagement with teachers both inside and outside classrooms.
- To develop students’ intellectual capabilities through inquiry-based teaching and learning.
By providing students opportunities and tools to develop innovative solutions to significant societal and technological problems
- To guide students to identify current and future problems and understand their social and economic contexts.
- To teach students to think creatively and methodically and cultivate their creative processes to “see” beyond limits and boundaries.
- To encourage and teach students to reach across their major fields of study for integrated solutions to real-world problems.
By fostering students’ moral commitment to use their education in a way that benefits not only themselves but also the world.
- To educate students on the unique role that engineering plays in the advancement of society: building infrastructure, advancing technologies, expanding possibilities, and developing solutions.
- To foster students’ understanding of the complexity and interconnectedness of the globalized society of the 21st century.
- To help students grasp the future trends of the world and the challenges and opportunities it will present.