Attention student organization leaders: It is the responsibility of the leaderships of each organization to ensure completion of required University and College processes as well as any required by affiliate professional organizations in order to remain in good standing with the college, university and corresponding professional organizations. This page is maintain by the College of Engineering and is meant as an addition reference/recourse page only and in no way intended to provide full details on policies, procedures or resources.
Be advised, information contain here about external entities to the College of Engineering is not official. It is your responsibility to corroborate veracity of any/all information to ensure your organization’s compliance and good standing.
To Do Annually
- Complete SJSU Recognitions Process through the Office of Student Involvement
- Submit to College of Engineering:
Get more information about
- Student organizations can request a webpage through the university. Find out more at this link
Reserving Rooms & Facilities
Need a meeting room/space? Contact Event Services @ (408) 924-6300
- Meeting Spaces on campus (Classrooms or Student Union Meeting Rooms)
- Orgs. can request 1.5 hr. weekly meeting block for meetings through Student Union
Need to book space for a special event?
- For campus facilities (i.e. Ballroom) contact Event Services Forms & Policies
For Engineering facilities (E285/87 and E189 and. or classrooms)
- Your Faculty/Staff advisor needs to submit request to Dean’s Office
FYI – Events & Special Activities
Do you need to purchase liability insurance for your event?
- To find out contact Leanne Lobue in Event Services
- Associated Students: Fund your Org Packet and information
- College of Engineering Student Organization Engagement Grant Process
- Complete SJSU’s Recognition Process (by deadline)
- Turn in Executive Board member Roster to College of Engineering (by deadline)
- Turn in CoE Student Organization Engagement Grants Application (by deadline)
College of Engineering Studenr Org. Funding Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for funding from the College of Engineering all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Only applications from student organizations will be considered. The College of Engineering Student Clubs & Organizations Grants Competition does not provide funding to individuals.
- All applicants must be recognized, SJSU student organizations or clubs with an affiliation with the College of Engineering.
- Applications must be received by published deadlines.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Applicant must be eligible to apply for funding per their compliance with deadlines the previous semester. (Organizations will be notified prior to competition if they are not eligible to apply during a given term).
- Only funding requests for activities funded under specified funding categories will be accepted.
- Funding to individual organizations/clubs is provided on a competitive basis.
- Student clubs and organizations are strongly encouraged to seek additional sources of funding – including department, private, and industry resources.
Funding Categories and Allowances
Eligible, Engineering affiliated student organizations may apply for Engineering Student Organizations Grant under one of the funding categories specified below. Organizations submitting multiple requests will be disqualified from consideration. Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis and funding is not guaranteed for all applicants.