There are currently no four-year scholarships available starting in Fall 2017.
The Engineering Leadership Pathways Scholarship (ELPS) Program provides funding to selected incoming transfer students and is funded primarily by a grant from the National Science Foundation. Scholarships award up to $6,000 per year (disbursements are split between Fall and Spring terms) and are renewable for a total of two to three years pending continued eligibility and funding availability.
- Be a Fall 2017 Transfer student admitted to a College of Engineering Major
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or an AB540/DACA Student (Documentation may be required during process.)
- Minimum Community College/All-College GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Some Scholarships require financial need, all applicants should complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid - see sjsu.edu/faso and fafsa.gov)
- Have completed the equivalent of three semesters of Calculus prior to Fall 2017 (Aviation and Industrial Technology Majors can have taken less math due to degree requirements)
The Application Deadline is Sunday, March 12, 2017
Semi-Finalists will be notified by April 3rd and will be invited to an in-person interview to take place at Admitted Spartan Day on April 8th.
Alternative arrangements are possible if unable to travel to SJSU for Admitted Spartan Day
Scholarship Awardees are notified in May.Apply Now
The College of Engineering awards a variety of scholarships from a range of funding sources. Continuing College of Engineering students may be considered for any of the scholarship funds, including the Silicon Valley Engineering Scholar (SVES) and the Engineering Leadership Pathways Scholar (ELPS) Programs along with other scholarships the College has to award.Eligibility Criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in a College of Engineering Major (see exception below)
- Expected Graduation of Spring 2018 or later
- Have completed at least one semester of coursework at SJSU
- Have earned a GPA of at least 3.0 in your previous coursework
- Some scholarships require financial need, all applicants should complete a FAFSA (see sjsu.edu/faso and fafsa.gov)
Scholarships available for AY 2017-18:
- Westpak Warren Dunning Memorial Scholarship ($7500, Eligible majors: mechanical engineering, industrial and systems engineering, packaging)
- The Douglas and Penny Munson Scholarship ($6000, Eligible majors: any major in the College of Engineering)
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is Sunday, March 12, 2017Apply now
Additional Scholarship Resources
Please check out the calendar of events Scholarship catagory for deadlines in scholarship opportunities. Infomation about each scholarship is included in the event details.
Further information about Scholarships can be found at the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office Website.
Students should explore a variety of sources for additional scholarship opportunities:
- Your Academic Department/Major or the College of Engineering may periodically share information about scholarships
- Parents' and Family Members' Employers
- Service Clubs (e.g., Lions, Kiwanis, other Non-profit Organizations)
- Professional Associations related to your major field of study
- Spartan Daily
- Web Searches Note: if any website or organizations asks for money to provide you with scholarship listings, it is most likely not legitimate. You should not have to pay to be considered for a scholarship.
Continuing students should apply to the Spartan Scholarship Application. SJSU’s web-based system will allow you to submit an application for all possible funding sources administered by the College of Engineering plus you will also be able to see what other SJSU scholarships you may be able to apply for through a simple common application.
- Latinos in Technology Scholarship
- Toptal Female Developer Scholarship
- The Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. (MHEFI) Scholarship
Meet the Current Scholars
Each year we host a Scholarship Luncheon to recognize the student scholarship recipients and our private and corporate donors. To meet our current scholars you can view our previous Luncheon Scholarship program: