The Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering will be accepting applications for the Silicon Valley Engineering Scholarship (SVES) program and the Engineering Leadership Pathways Scholar (ELPS) program beginning on January 10, 2013
until March 10, 2013. The deadline was extended until midnight March 24, 2013. Four-year scholarships are awarded to selected incoming freshman students, and one, two or three-year scholarships are awarded to selected incoming transfer students and continuing College of Engineering students. Scholarship funds are provided by private donors, family foundations, Silicon Valley companies, and the National Science Foundation.
Application review is conducted in March, and finalist interviews will be conducted in-person at Admitted Spartan Day on April 13, 2013. Scholarship recipients are notified in late April, and scholarships are disbursed at the beginning of the each semester.
To be eligible, all applicants must:
- Be a Fall 2013 incoming freshman, a Fall 2013 incoming transfer student, or a continuing student in any major within the College of Engineering. (Incoming Spring 2013 transfers may apply as continuing students.)
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident. (Documentation may be required.)
- Be accepted to a College of Engineering major for Fall 2013, or be a continuing student in good standing in the Major after Spring 2013. All applications must be on-line.
- Minimum high school, community college, or SJSU GPA of 3.0 in major-related coursework.
- Some scholarships require financial need; applicants should complete a FAFSA
- ELPS applicants must have completed at least three semesters of calculus before Fall 2013 to be eligible for the scholarship and have filed FAFSA.
All semi-finalists must be available to attend an on-campus interview on Saturday, April 13, 2013. Semi-finalists will be notified of their interview times.
Note that current recipients of either SVES or ELPS scholarships do not need to reapply.
Apply to the appropriate application: