Many of the degree programs in the Davidson College of Engineering are impacted, meaning that there are more qualified students applying than we can accommodate. For these programs, a higher Cumulative GPA for transferable courses will be required to be admitted than the campus minimum.
To see if the program you are applying to is currently impacted, please check the Impaction Results for the most recent admissions cycle: SJSU Undergraduate Degrees and Impaction
The GPA threshold for a given year may differ from the GPA threshold in the year you apply, depending on factors such as number of applications and competitiveness of the applicants in the pool.
If you do not meet the GPA threshold for the program listed as your first choice, but do meet the GPA threshold for Undeclared, you'll have the option of being admitted Undeclared. This will require you to undergo a Change of Major into your intended major.
Supplemental Course CriteriaStarting in the Fall 2016 admissions cycle, the ENG programs will use supplemental course criteria in the transfer admissions ranking and decisions. The SJSU course equivalents to the supplemental courses are listed by program below:
- BS Aviation, BS Technology: (Math 71 or Math 30), (Phys 002A or Phys 50)
- BS Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Materials, Civil, Industrial and Systems, and Mechanical: Math 30, Math 31, Phys 50
- BS Electrical Engineering: Math 30, Math 31, Phys 50, Phys 51
- BS Computer Engineering: Math 30, Math 31, Phys 50, CMPE 30
- BS Software Engineering: Math 30, Math 31, Phys 50, CS/SE 46A
To determine the equivalent courses at your community college, please go to the articulation website, assist.org.Passing the supplemental courses with a C or better will factor into the applicant ranking formula as follows:
BS Aviation, BS Technology:
- (GPA) × 150 + (Supplemental Course #1) × 300 + (Supplemental Course #2) × 300
BS Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Materials, Civil, Industrial and Systems, and Mechanical:
- (GPA) × 150 + (Supplemental Course #1) × 200 + (Supplemental Course #2) × 200 + (Supplemental Course #3) × 200
BS Electrical, Computer, Software:
- (GPA) × 150 + (Supplemental Course #1) × 150+ (Supplemental Course #2) × 150+ (Supplemental Course #3) × 150 + (Supplemental Course #4) × 150
The maximum number of points is 1200 (4.0 GPA, all Supplemental Courses completed). Applications will be ranked according to the total points. Admissions will be granted by rank until program capacities are reached.