MESA Engineering Program (MEP)
MEP is an educational support program that provides services to educationally/economically disadvantaged students seeking completion of their first bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science. The program is part of a statewide network of partnerships between the MESA (Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement) Statewide Office, host universities, industry partners and various engineering associations.
Click or tap MEP Mentor link above
MEP Mission: To increase the number of high caliber, industry-ready graduates from educationally and/or economically disadvantaged background completing degrees in Engineering or Computer Science at San José State University.
Student enrollment and retention
- Peer mentoring
- Personal and academic development workshops
- Freshmen orientation course
- Community-building events
- Academic advising
- Collaborative-learning study jams
- Study skills development coaching
Competitiveness/employability of graduates
- Resume development and critique
- Mock interviews
- Industry tours and information sessions
- Industry-led professional development training
- Industry networking mixers
- Dedicated study center (with lockers & computers)
- Scholarships & internship information
- NEFE Cash Course
- The Student Center at Credit Card Insider
Who can apply?
- New SJSU Engineering or Computer Science freshmen or transfer students
- Educationally disadvantages students (i.e. first-generation college students)
- Economically disadvantage students (i.e. low income or financial need)
No longer accepting applications for AY 2013-14.
Application closed 9/5/2013 at 5:00 PM