How to schedule a Zoom meeting or recurring meetings?
How to invite people to your Zoom meeting?
How to record my lecture recording?
How to find my recordings?
Can I record all of my Zoom meetings by only setting once?
How to connect to the audio conferencing?
How to enable video via your computer?
Any technical requirements?
Do I need to download Zoom app to use it?
How to share a screen?
How to use the whiteboard?
How to transfer a file?
How to set up closed captioning?
Learn more about Canvas at Zoom's FAQs.
There are several options to schedule a Zoom meeting.
Sign in to your SJSU Zoom account
Access your Canvas course
Use your SJSU email calendar
Download a Zoom app on your iPad Pro or other iOS or Android devices. However, some features may not be available on your mobile device. For more information, please click the Zoom Room Controller Features webpage.
To invite people to a Zoom meeting, please click on the “Invite” button on the bottom navigation bar and invite them by email.
Click on the “Record” button on the bottom navigation bar and choose either “Record to the Cloud” (Preferred) or “Record on this computer”.
If you record a Zoom meeting to the Cloud, the recordings will be stored in Recording of the Account Settings page. If you record it on your computer, you'll find the recording in the local folder of your computer.
Yes. Please go to your Zoom Account Settings page, click the “Recording” tab on the left navigation menu, and make sure the “Automatic Recording” is enabled.
Select Phone Call tab
Follow the list of the dial-in number and enter the phone number
Enter the Zoom meeting ID and press # key
Stay online if the meeting hasn’t started
(Please use a headset to avoid background noise. And, it’s recommended you mute your audio unless you want to ask or answer questions.)
Select Join Audio Conferencing
Click Test Conferencing Mic and Speakers
Click Join Audio Conferencing
You can click the Video icon to start your video.
<Notes> Please ensure there is a built-in webcam on your computer or prepare an external webcam.
Your computer should meet the PC, Mac, iOS and Android system requirements.
It is an option for you to download Zoom app on your mobile devices. You can host a Zoom meeting from a laptop or a device with a webcam and a microphone. However, some features may not be available on your ipad or mobile devices. For more information, please visit the Zoom Controller Features webpage
1. Click on the “Share Screen” button during the meeting
2. Choose the screen you like to share from the list it provides
3. Click “Stop Sharing” when you want to stop sharing
1. Please click on the “Share Screen” icon when you host a Zoom meeting.
2. Choose “Whiteboard” from the list it provides.
<Notes> Click on “Stop Sharing” if you'd like to stop using the whiteboard.
1. Click the Meeting Settings tab from the Zoom navigation menu.
2. Scroll down to the “Meeting Basic” selction
3. Enable “File Transfer” option. Then, you and participants can send files through the in-meeting chat
<Notes> During the meeting, in the group chat box, choose “Share file in meeting” under More drop-down list, and choose the file you like to share.
1. Click Meeting Settings tab from the Zoom navigation menu
2. Scroll down until you see the Meeting Advanced section
3. When you see Closed Captions, please enable the option. It may allow you to type/view/download closed captions or assign a participant/third party device to add closed captions.
<Notes> You can put a check mark in the Allow participants to save closed captions if you prefer.