The Davidson College of Engineering maintains the following vehicles that can be reserved for valid college business. We currently have a minivan and a flat bed truck. To be eligible to use our vehicles, you must meet the following conditions:
- You have a valid CA driver’s license
- You have completed the online Safe Driving training
- You are an employee of the Davidson College of Engineering
If this is your first time requesting access to one of our vehicles, please contact Neil Peters for access to the training, calendar, and vehicle log.
All requests for reservations must be entered on the Google Calendar entitled "COE Vehicle Reservation". Please indicate the block of time you will need it, and enter the vehicle followed by your name, e.g. "Van - Neil Peters". Please be considerate of others who reserve the vehicles as this is a shared resource for the entire college. In addition, please jot down the mileage before and after your trip, and record them in the spreadsheet entitled, "COE Vehicle Log". This is necessary to fulfill our state obligations with respect to the fleet maintenance. Failure to abide by these guidelines will revoke your privileges for the vehicles.
Some additional guidelines:
- The vehicles are never to be used for any personal business.
- The vehicles are always to to be returned to the COE Courtyard for overnight parking.
- Failure to abide by the above guidelines will be considered theft of state resources and may be subject to disciplinary action.