In response to the University's directive to "slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, reduce the potential of people being infected, and protect those who are most vulnerable to severe illness," we will offer online advising appointments only.
1) Make an appointment
- Make your appointment on Spartan Connect
- The advisor will email you a Zoom appointment invite shortly before your appointment -please be ready to check your email 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment
- You can use your phone (zoom app) or use your desktop (download extension). Here is a tutorial on How to join a Zoom appointment: https://www.sjsu.
- If you've already made your appointment, it will be changed to online
- In case of issues, you can email the advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Need help?
- Until further notice, we will monitor email to success-engineering@sjsu.
News and Updates
1:30-3:30 p.m. Wednesdays in ENG 116
CANCELLED - contact Career Counselor for an appointment at email@example.com
More events coming soon!
Marta R. Rodenas
Welcome to the College of Engineering!
We thank you for choosing San José State University and our College to pursue your graduate career.
The Graduate Engineering Student Success Office (GESS) is here to support you on your educational journey and help enrich your graduate experience at San José State University.
The GESS Office serves all graduate engineering majors. Our purpose is to
- assist graduate students in navigating the university, college, and departmental policies and procedures
- connect students to campus and community resources
- support student success with programs and services that address existing needs
- help students stay on track to graduate
There are many offices on campus serving graduate students in addition to resources available both on campus and in our community. We have gathered some links below to help you navigate through various resources.
Please stop by Graduate Engineering Student Success (GESS) with any questions or concerns - we are here to help!
Walk-In Career Advising at GESS during Fall and Spring:
Career counseling drop-ins with our Career Center Engineering liaison are now by appointment via Zoom, phone or email. Engineering students have priority appointments on Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3:30 pm. Please email Carrie McKnight at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate advisor, Marta R. Rodenas, is available for walk-in hours, evening hours, in-person and by phone appointments at ENG 116:
Walk-in Hours: ALL WALK-IN HOURS ARE NOW APPOINTMENTS STARTING 3/16. PLEASE BOOK VIA SPARTAN CONNECT OR "BOOK NOW" BELOW
Mon. and Tues. 9 AM - 10:30 AM
Tues. 4 PM - 6:30 PM NEW EVENING HOURS!
Wed. 2 PM - 4:30 PM
Fri. 3:00-4:30 PM
Appointments via Spartan Connect for any other time
Looking forward to meeting you!