What is Zoom?
Zoom is a web conferencing tool SJSU uses for real-time class meetings, collaborations, training, etc. The features of Zoom include:
- Screen sharing in a full-screen mode
- Whiteboard collaboration
- Participants communication, assign and chat
- Breakout Room can be set up for small group activities
- Polling features
- Screen and audio recording
- Closed captioning (if enabled)
How to host a Zoom meeting
How to connect to the audio conferencing
- Select Phone Call tab
- Follow the list of the dial-in number and enter the phone number
- Enter the Zoom meeting ID and press # key
- Stay online if the meeting hasn’t started
Via computer (Please use a headset to avoid background noise.)
- Select Join Audio Conferencing by Computer tab
- Click Test Conferencing Mic and Speakers to make sure you select the mic and speakers you are going to use
- Click Join Audio Conferencing by Computer tab
- It’s recommended you mute your audio unless you want to ask or answer questions.
How to enable video via your computer
- You can click the Video icon to start your video.
- Note: Please ensure there is a built-in webcam on your computer or you can use an external webcam.
Zoom runs on PC, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. To ensure your computer meets the system requirements, please click the links below:
If you are a remote student or need to use online proctoring services take an exam, please let your instructor know. We also created a video to help you schedule an appointment with ProctorU. Please schedule your appointment with ProctorU at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled exam time in order to avoid paying a $5.00 late registration at your own cost.
Three days before taking your proctored exam, you are responsible to
- Prepare your government issued ID, like driver's license or passport, for your proctor to verify your identity.
- Make sure your computer has a webcam and a headset (microphone and speaker) in order to communicate with the online proctor.
- Test your equipmentto ensure equipment functions properly.
- Verify technical requirements
- Check the technical specifications link
- Watch the video demo
- Find a quiet and suitable testing location
On the exam date, you are expected to
- Take your proctored exam in a quiet and a suitable testing location
- Have your webcam and headset ready
- Have a government-issued ID ready - like driver's license or passport for your proctor to verify your identity
Recommendation: It might take time for your online proctor to verify your identity; so, you should log in to ProctorU's website at least 15-minutes earlier than the exam date. In addition, if you have any technical challenge with ProctorU services, please call: 855-772-8678
During the exam, a live online proctor will guide you through the exam process, and the proctor should verify your identification by viewing your government issued ID and have you answer questions, explain the exam rules, verify your login information, watch you take the exam online, and verify your exam submission.
If you would like to share your concerns regarding your experience with online proctoring services, please contact the Instructional Designer at email@example.com. Your feedback is appreciated.