For Undergraduate Engineering StudentsUse the Graduation Checklist on this page to advance toward your bachelor’s degree, avoid common roadblocks and graduate in a timely manner.
If you have questions after reviewing the Graduation Checklist, please contact your Engineering Major Advisor.
The following majors are participating in Online Graduation for students:
Applying for a graduation term of Spring 2019 or later:
- Electrical Engineering
Applying for a graduation term of Fall 2019 or later:
- Civil Engineering
Applying for a graduation term of Spring 2020 or later:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Not yet participating in Online Graduation:
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Industrial Technology
Dates and DeadlinesSee the Registrar's Office page for dates and deadlines for graduation applications. You will have the same deadline listed on that page for your online application.
Before You Apply
- MyPlanner is an interactive tool that allows you to map your entire academic path to graduation.
- MyPlanner should show your plan through the term you intend to graduate.
- MyProgress is one of the most important tools to monitor your academic progress and is accessible on MySJSU. This report provides a detailed summary of your degree requirements--both completed and still unmet.
- To access this report, navigate to your MySJSU Student Center and choose MyProgress from the "other academics" pull-down menu to the left of your class schedule.
- Note: Unmet requirements (show red) should be the courses planned for your final semesters. All requirements must be complete (all green) in order for your degree to be awarded.
Verify that your major (and minor, if applicable) and catalog year are accurately listed on your record.
- You can review this at the top of your MyProgress report.
- If your major catalog year not what you expect it to be, see your major advisor.
Ensure that all transfer credit completed is reflected on your record.
- Transfer Equivalency for transfer courses that do not already articulate to SJSU courses.
- See Major advisor for substitutions.
- See the ESSC for general education questions.
After you’ve reviewed your records and have determined you are on track for graduation, apply for your bachelor’s degree through MySJSU Academics.
- An Undergraduate Online Graduation Application Overview is available on the Registrar's website.
- Once your application is completed online, your Graduation Status on MyProgress will change to "Applied" and indicate the term.
- You will be responsible for completing the requirements as defined in MyProgress.
You are responsible for completing all the outstanding requirements shown in your MyProgress report. If you feel you should have met a requirement that is not showing as completed, see your major advisor or the ESSC.
If you still have questions or concerns after you submit your application or if you think there's a problem, please, first reach out to your major advisor. If there are still questions, visit us at the ESSC.