Graduation Checklist for Engineering StudentsUse the Graduation Checklist on this page to advance toward your bachelor’s degree, avoid common roadblocks and graduate in a timely manner.
If you have questions after reviewing the Graduation Checklist, please contact your Engineering Major Advisor.
Before You Apply
- MyPlanner is an interactive tool that allows you to map your entire academic path to Graduation.
- MyPlanner should show your plan through Fall 2019
- MyProgress is one of the most important tools to monitor your academic progress and is accessible on MySJSU. This report provides a detailed summary of your degree requirements--both completed and still unmet.
- To access this report, simply click on Student Center and choose Academic Requirements from the pull-down menu.
- Note: Unmet requirements (show red) should be the courses planned for your final semesters. All requirements must be complete (all green) in order for your degree to be awarded.
Verify that your major (and minor if applicable) and catalog year is accurately listed on your record.
- You can review this on your MyProgress Report.
Ensure that all transfer credit completed is reflected on your record.
- Transfer Equivalency
- See Major advisor for substitutions
After you’ve reviewed your records and found that you are on track for Fall 2019 graduation, apply for your bachelor’s degree through MySJSU Academics.
- An Undergraduate Online Graduation Application Overview is available on the Registrar's webiste.
- Once your application is completed online, you are done.
- Your department will review your MyProgress and MyPlanner to verify your application.
If you still have questions or concerns after you submit your application or if you think there's a problem, please, first reach out to your major advisor. If there are still questions, visit us at the ESSC.