Attention student organization leaders: It is the responsibility of the leaderships of each organization to ensure completion of required University and College processes as well as any required by affiliate professional organizations in order to remain in good standing with the college, university and corresponding professional organizations. This page is maintain by the College of Engineering and is meant as an addition reference/recourse page only and in no way intended to provide full details on policies, procedures or resources.
Be advised, information contain here about external entities to the College of Engineering is not official. It is your responsibility to corroborate veracity of any/all information to ensure your organization’s compliance and good standing.
To Do Annually
Complete SJSU Recognitions Process through the Office of Student Involvement
- Recognition process must be completted through SAMMY by June 2019
- Get full details at: sjsu.edu/getinvolved
Get more information about
Reserving Rooms & Facilities
Need a meeting room/space? Contact Event Services @ (408) 924-6300
- Meeting Spaces on campus (Classrooms or Student Union Meeting Rooms)
- Orgs. can request weekly meeting space through Student Union for evenings.
Need to book space for a special event?
- For campus facilities (i.e. Ballroom) contact Event Services Forms & Policies
For Engineering facilities (E285/87 and E189)
- Your Faculty/Staff advisor needs to submit request to the Dean’s Office
FYI – Events & Special Activities
Do you need to purchase liability insurance for your event?
- To find out contact Leanne Lobue in Event Services
- Associated Students: Find Fund your Org Packet and additioanl information on AS Website
- SJSU Crowdfunding opportunity through University Advancement
College of Engineering Student Organization Engagement Grant Process
- Complete SJSU’s Recognition Process (by deadline)
- Turn in CoE Student Organization Engagement Grants Application (by deadline)
College of Engineering Studenr Org. Funding Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for funding from the College of Engineering all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Only applications from recognized student organizations will be considered. The College of Engineering Student Clubs & Organizations Grants Competition does not provide funding to individuals.
- Only SJSU student organizations or clubs with an affiliation with the College of Engineering that complete the College of Egnineering Student Orr. Leaders Training will be eligible.
- Applications must be received by published deadlines.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Applicant must be eligible to apply for funding per their compliance with deadlines the previous semester. (Organizations will be notified prior to competition if they are not eligible to apply during a given term).
- Only funding requests for activities funded under specified funding categories will be accepted.
- Funding to individual organizations/clubs is provided on a competitive basis.
- Student clubs and organizations are strongly encouraged to seek additional sources of funding – including department, private, and industry resources.
Application (Opens on September 1, 2019)
Funding Categories and Allowances
Eligible, Engineering affiliated student organizations may apply for Engineering Student Organizations Grant under one of the funding categories specified below. Organizations submitting multiple requests will be disqualified from consideration. Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis and funding is not guaranteed for all applicants.